JELD-WEN Australia Pty Limited ("JELD-WEN") respects your right to privacy. JELD-WEN is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers,
employees, and website visitors and adheres to the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). This Policy applies to
JELD-WEN and any associated and related companies or businesses (“Affiliates”) and all websites pertaining to JELD-WEN and/or its’ Affiliates.
The Policy sets out how JELD-WEN and its Affiliates collects, uses, disclosures and treats any information JELD-WEN may hold and which is identifiable
as being about you ("Personal Information")
1. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- 1.1. JELD-WEN may, from time to time, receive and store Personal
Information you enter onto our website, provide to us directly while
interacting with us or given to us in other forms.
- 1.2. JELD-WEN may collect Personal Information you provide such as
your name, phone number, address, email address, date of birth,
credit card details, trading arrangements including guarantee
documents, credit reports and other credit and trading information
concerning you and or your business. This information enables
JELD-WEN to send you information, provide updates, assess your
consumer or commercial credit, collect overdue payments, and
process your product or service order.
- 1.3. JELD-WEN may also collect additional information at other times,
including but not limited to, when you provide feedback, when
you provide information about your personal or business affairs,
change your content or email preference, respond to surveys and/or
promotions, provide financial or credit card information, navigate our
website and/or communicate with our customer support team.
- 1.4. You grant JELD-WEN permission to give, receive and collect personal
and credit information about you to and from any credit reporting body,
credit provider, bank or financial institution or any other corporation,
association or person.
2. HOW YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
- 2.1. JELD-WEN collects personal information from you in a variety of ways,
including but not limited to when you:
- (a) contact us with an enquiry or request a quotation via email,
website, telephone or mail or engage with JELD-WEN and/or
its Affiliates via social media;
- (b) request that we provide our products and/or services to you;
- (c) apply for a credit account with us, or from credit reporting agencies
or organisations that you have nominated as trade references;
- (d) subscribe to any publication of JELD-WEN and/or its Affiliates
including, electronic publications;
- (e) provide details to JELD-WEN and/or its Affiliates in an application,
consent form, survey, feedback form or incident report;
- (f) enter personal information into, or agree to having your personal
information entered into, one of JELD-WEN’s online systems;
- (g) use our referral service to tell a friend about our websites; and/or
- (h) apply for employment with JELD-WEN or a JELD-WEN Affiliate.
- 2.2. JELD-WEN may also receive Personal Information from third
parties. If we do, we will protect the information received as set
out in this Policy.
- 2.3. Your Personal Information is never shared, sold, rented or
otherwise disclosed outside the company (save for any statutory
or legal requirement) in ways different from what is described in
- 2.4. If you do not provide some or all of the information requested, this may
affect our ability to communicate with you or to provide the requested
products or services. If it is impracticable for JELD-WEN to deal with
you as a result of you not providing the requested information, we may
refuse to do so.
3. USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- 3.1. JELD-WEN, and third parties to whom we may disclose Personal
and use your personal information to:
- (a) verify your identity;
- (b) administer and manage our products and services;
- (c) provide a quotation or provide our products and services to you;
- (d) research, promote and market our products and services,
and special offers;
- (e) complete background checks and assess your suitability to obtain
a credit account with us;
- (f) research, develop and improve our products and services;
- (g) comply with legal requirements (for education, child protection,
work health and safety laws, charitable collections,
medical treatment or other legislation).
- 3.2 JELD-WEN may contact you using a variety of measures including,
but not limited to telephone, email, SMS or mail.
4. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- 4.1 JELD-WEN may disclose your personal information to any of our
Affiliates, employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers
(including our accountants, auditors and lawyers), credit providers
and credit reporting agencies (for credit-related purposes such
as credit history), agents, marketing partners, suppliers or
subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes
set out in this Policy. Personal Information is only supplied to a
third party when it is required for the delivery of our services and in
accordance with this Policy.
- 4.2 We may from time to time need to disclose personal information to
comply with a legal requirement, such as a law, regulation, court order,
subpoena, warrant, in the course of a legal proceeding or in response
to a law enforcement agency request.
- 4.3 JELD-WEN may also disclose your personal information to protect the
copyright, trademarks, legal rights, property or safety of JELD-WEN,
its customers or third parties.
- 4.4 In some circumstances Personal Information we collect may from
time to time be store, processed in or transferred outside of Australia,
for example, information disclosed to JELD-WEN parent companies
in the USA, European Union or Asia. Where we disclose information
overseas, we will use our best endeavours to ensure such parties
handle the information in accordance with the standards set out in
- 4.5 If there is a change of control in our business or a sale or transfer
of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer to the extent
permissible at law our user databases, together with any personal
information and non-personal information contained in those
databases. This information may be disclosed to a potential purchaser
under an agreement to maintain confidentiality. We would seek to only
disclose information in good faith and where required by any of the
- 4.6 By providing us with personal information, you consent to the terms of
5. SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- 5.1 JELD-WEN stores information in different ways, including in paper
and electronic form.
- 5.2 Security of personal information is important to JELD-WEN.
We have taken reasonable steps to protect the information we hold
from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Some of the security measures we have implemented to maintain
the security and integrity of the personal information we hold include
(but are not limited to) the use of computer access passwords,
lock-up cabinets and firewalls on our systems, and security
measures for our website.
- 5.3 Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is
not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect
your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data
transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once
we have received your information, we will use strict procedures
and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
6. ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- 6.1 We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the Personal
Information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and
up-to-date. However, we rely on the accuracy of Personal Information
as provided to us both directly and indirectly.
- 6.2 You may request details of Personal Information that we hold
about you in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act
1988 (Cth). If you would like a copy of the information which we
hold about you or believe that any information we hold on you is
inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading,
please submit an enquiry through our website(s) at https://www.jeld-wen.com.au/Contact/Make-an-Enquiry and we
will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
- 6.3 We reserve the right to refuse to provide you with information that we
hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act.
- 7.1 When you visit our websites, our systems may collect certain
information such as your use of the site, including the web pages
visited and the time and date of your visit. We use this information to
help analyse and improve the performance of our website.
- 7.2 Our websites include analytical features. These features may collect
your IP address, geographical location, which page you are visiting
on our site, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function
properly. Analytical features are either hosted by a third party or
hosted directly on our websites. Your interactions with these features
- 7.3 Cookies
Cookies are very small files which a website uses to identify you
when you come back to the site and to store details about your
use of the site. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies
but you can choose to disable cookies by changing your internet
browser settings. However, you may lose the benefit of the
- 7.3.2 JELD-WEN and our marketing analytics service providers
also use other technologies such as beacons, tags and
scripts. These technologies are used in analysing trends,
administering the site, tracking users’ movements around the
site and to gather demographic information about our user
base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use
of these technologies by these companies on an individual as
well as aggregated basis.
- 7.4 Third party sites
- 7.4.1 JELD-WEN partner with third parties to either display
advertising on our website or to manage our advertising on
other sites. These websites are not owned or controlled by
JELD-WEN and are meant for your convenience only.
- 7.4.2 Links to third party websites do not constitute JELD-WEN’s
sponsorship, endorsement or approval of these websites.
- 7.4.3 Our third party partners may use technologies such as cookies
to gather information about your activities on this site and
other sites in order to provide you advertising based upon your
browsing activities and interests.
- 7.4.4 Please be aware that JELD-WEN is not responsible for the
privacy practises of other such websites. We encourage our
users to be aware, when they leave our website, to read the
privacy statements of each and every website that collects
personal identifiable information.
- 7.5 We will treat personal information collected via our websites and
online systems in the same way as other personal information we
collect. However, websites linked to our websites are not subject to
our privacy standards, policies or procedures. JELD-WEN cannot
take responsibility for the collection, use, disclosure or security of
any personal information that you provide to a third party website.
8. COMPLAINTS ABOUT PRIVACY
- 8.1. Any complaints about our privacy practices may be made to
JELD-WEN Privacy Officer at this address:
JELD-WEN Australia Pty Ltd c/o The Privacy Officer
Level 3, 78 Waterloo Road
MACQUARIE PARK, New South Wales, 2113
Or submit an enquiry through our website(s) at https://www.jeld-wen.com.au/Contact/Make-an-Enquiry We will respond to your complaint within a reasonable period,
usually within 30 days, and try to resolve your complaint for you.
immediately upon our posting on our websites. We urge you to check
back from time to time when you visit to obtain and review the most